National Sports Day—Are You Ready to Take Part?
Preparing for National Sports Day? What Sport Will You Try?
Will you be in Doha on National Sports Day? Take a look at the activities you can take part in!
- The Dolphin Energy Doha Dash. This race is a regular part of National Sports Day. You can register at dohadash.com. It begins at 7am, so it isn’t one for later risers. The distance can be anywhere from 1 km (0.6 mi) to 10 km (6 mi), perfect for those who want to stretch their legs.
- The sailboat race put on by the Qatar Sailing and Rowing Federation begins at the Corniche, where you can also try out kayaks, rowing machines, water skiing, Shaweef rowing, weight lifting, handball, miniature golf, and more.
- Stroll through Doha’s MIA Park, where you can take fitness classes and engage in some sports like soccer and kayaking, while admiring the view and getting a breath of fresh air. You can also visit the nearby Museum of Islamic Art or even Al Rwaq hall to enjoy beautiful Islamic art.
- Stop by Doha Sports City, which has some of the world’s best sports training equipment. There will be many events held here on National Sports Day, including beach soccer, basketball, judo, wall climbing, four-seat bicycle rides, fencing, and Family Boot Camp.
- Visit Doha’s Katara Cultural Village for karate shows, chess matches, wrestling, sailing, weight lifting, basketball games, table tennis, sack races, touch-to-tackle rugby, and boxing.
- Aspire Park is the perfect setting for soccer, running, and beautiful walks, plus much more in the indoor arenas. The park is also great for children as there are bike trails, horse trails, and monkey bars—fun for the whole family.
Your Checklist for the Big Day!
- Bring warm clothing – the weather is still unpredictable.
- Stretch properly
- Plan your journey – make sure you know where you’re going and how to get there.
- Always have a bottle of water.
- Bring sunblock and a hat in case the sun is strong.
- Wear comfortable shoes – remember you’ll be walking a lot.
- Bring healthy snacks—this will help you avoid the temptation of eating fast food.
- Bring a smile and a positive attitude!
Other Related Topics