Lupin Curry and Rice
- 6 medium-sized red potatoes, par boiled and cut into pieces.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil.
- 1 tsp (4 ml) cumin seeds.
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) black mustard seeds.
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ginger, finely chopped.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed.
- 1 small onion, diced.
- 1 can of lupin beans.
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) masala.
- 1 tsp (4 ml) turmeric.
- 1/8 tsp (.5 ml) ground cinnamon.
- 1 cup diced tomatoes.
- Salt (to taste).
- Place the olive oil into a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the cumin and mustard seeds and cook until they pop.
- Add the garlic and ginger and sauté until golden.
- Add the onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Add the potatoes and sauté for three minutes.
- Add the beans, spices and salt. Stir and leave to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stir and leave to cook on a low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. This will allow the flavors of the spices to soak into the potatoes and beans.
- Serve with brown rice, a wholegrain naan bread, or a fresh side salad – enjoy!
Other Related Topics